Fire and human beings have come a long way together, and there’s something innate in all of us for which fire always seems an element with which we are connected. Besides the many uses of it, such as cooking, we use wood heaters for warmth—and let’s be frank here, there’s nothing more cosy and satisfying than a wood-burning fireplace.
However, it is of utmost importance that you are mindful of these key points to ensure you get the most from your Jetmaster fireplace.
So what are your options?
- Using your wood fireplace properly
Here’s what we suggest:
- Burn only split, seasoned, untreated hardwood, with between 15-20% moisture levels
- Effectively utilise your damper to allow airflow to feed the fire
- Learn how best to build a fire in your Jetmaster fireplace
- Ensure your heater is installed by a licensed installer
- Consider purchasing a gas heater
What kind? What are the benefits?
- Jetmaster offers a wide range of open gas and balanced flue gas heaters. Since there is no wood required, you don’t have to worry about sourcing, purchasing, or storing firewood.
- Less maintenance than a wood fireplace
- There are designs, such as our gas burners, which feature realistic ceramic fire logs—these designs are often mistaken for a wood fireplace.
- An electric heater
It isn’t wood, but it’s a great decorative option.
- We offer electric fireplaces that although they do not put out as much heat as a wood fireplace, are a fantastic option when you are looking for something more decorative for your home.
- Do not require flueing
Hopefully with these tips, you will have a broader range of home heating options at hand, enabling you to make the decision that best suits your lifestyle and your choice of design.
Visit us instore to find out more information about the best options for you.
Contact us now to find out more about our rangeMake an enquiry
- Gas Fireplaces