Sales: 1300 219 875 Service: 1300 195 482

Danger! Creosote Can Be Extremely Harmful To Your Fireplace

After the wood has burned in your fire, there is a chemical left over called creosote. A build-up of this thick substance can clog up the flue and chimney, which can lead to issues with for your fireplace.

A build-up of creosote in your chimney or flue run is detrimental to the airflow of your chimney, which prevents proper circulation and makes your fire less efficient.

Unfortunately, the bad news doesn’t stop there. Since creosote is a combustible material, a large build up can run the risk of a chimney fire if not removed.

Why is creosote bad for your fireplace?

When you have a creosote build-up, your chimney will not be able to funnel the heat created by your fire, as the creosote will prevent it from becoming warm enough. In fact, colder chimneys actually create more creosote, which means that the presence creates a negative cycle, which is why it’s important to remove it as soon as possible.

Now that you are aware of these dangers, do not allow creosote to build up in your chimney. Depending on how often you are using your Jetmaster open wood fireplace, and the type of wood you are burning, will affect how often you should be having your chimney checked and swept. If you are unsure, contact your local chimney sweep for more information.

If you want more information or if you’re looking for a professional heating solutions company, visit our contact page to get in touch with us.

Contact us now to find out more about our range

Make an enquiry

No comments

Categories: Fire Safety

Got a question for our fireplace specialists?

Call Us Now 1300 219 875

Get in Touch